. . . and thinly veiled insecurities. I figured, it’s time to take an accounting of (and be accountable for) the little things I’m ashamed of or surprised to discover, about myself.
- I sing in the shower, before I go to sleep, in car rides, during class, in my head, pretty much all the time. I wanted to be a singer before anything else.
- A serious dream: to become a pandesal expert. I kid you not, and don’t snicker. I believe that talking about pandesal as material culture is a worthy point of entry into scholarly research.
- I get mad really, really, really quickly. But I apologize for it just as easily.
- I am very easily distracted (in fact, I’m going back to studying Philosophy).
- I had a huge girl-crush on Orlando Bloom. It lasted at least a year. All my notebooks were green and I googled pictures of him. There, I admitted it.
- I still want to be a vampire.
- I swear 150% more times when I’m drunk.
So much Guilt: not good enough as an officer, not smart enough as a thesis-mate, not well-informed enough as a writer, too fucking sleepy, head in the clouds, too fucking noisy with my hands in the air and my mouth open.
- I’m sad at least five times a day, everyday.
Thinks about you. Everyday. Wrote my name with his apelyido and felt no remorse, no sense of guilt, no shame. I dotted the “i” with a star and embellished the name with hearts. Still, shameless.
- I think being lost is better than ending up somewhere you don’t want to be.
- Lonely (but getting stronger and stranger)
- Anxious and insecure about writing, loving, and politics (of any kind).
- I believe in magic, fanfiction, and the will to live.
Afraid of being alone in a room when my back is turned against the door. I think I’m afraid of being surprised by something ungainly, standing tall on four legs or paws, grinning down at me.
- Must write. Will write. Everyday.
Holding down two part time jobs (one as a training assistant, one as a ghost writer/editorial assistant) and one full-time, home-based job (as an editorial assistant/reader). Not very brave.
- Isn’t afraid to lose and be lost.
- Abuses social networking sites including Twitter, which she (surprisingly) enjoys. Favors her tumblr best.
- Gandalf remains my favorite Lord of the Rings character. Eomer is a close second. Boromir and Faramir tie third place.
- Has trouble sleeping.
- Has rabid tattoo-centric dreams. Once, I had a dream that a friend of mine had a .gif dragon tattooed on her chest. Yes, it moved. And yes, I was jealous. In another, I had somehow acquired a set of tattoos on my thighs.
- Currently sporting three amazing tattoos (with another three tattoo designs pending)
- Watches Frasier on youtube, in bed.